- Eat & Drink
- Explore Activities
- Spa & Wellness
- Special Offers
Parknasilla Resort & Spa is a luxury Kerry hotel that has 89 bedrooms and Suites, 24 luxurious two bedroom self catering lodges and 38 three bedroom self catering villas located within a short walking distance of the main hotel.
We are now recruiting for the an experienced HEAD PASTRY CHEF to join our well established kitchen team. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations.
Reporting to the Head Chef, your duties would include the following:
- Maintaining a high standard of food preparation.
- Display a creative and fresh approach to Pastry, Desserts and other Sweet dishes.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus to reflect the seasons
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation exciting.
- Follow all food safety guidelines & HACCP
- Respect of fellow work peers at all times
- Assist in the training of all Kitchen staff if required
- Ensure any H&S issues are reported
- Effective communication
- Work a shift pattern roster of 5 days over 7.
- Evening work would be required at times
- Be flexible to work in the various kitchen outlets within the resort
- Excellent communication skills
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Pastry is necessary
- HACCP level 1 & 2 qualified